Briforum 2014: Thin Client myth debunking and general discussion.
That was an AWESOME day! well worth the early flight and late flight in one day.
I had the pleasure and privilege to present a session on Thin Clients, debunking the myth’s associated and also talking about the industry as a whole with none other than the rockstar that is Shawn Bass.
In our session, as two consultants in the virtual desktop industry who have spent quite a bit of time in the trenches with Thin Clients recently, we tried to document some of the myth’s, falsities and pitfalls related to choosing and deploying the correct thin client.
Below you will find a link to the slide deck and the rough flow chart I made to consider using as a template and further building upon, particularly when your customers (or sales people) decide to try to implement Thin Clients. This flow chart is not gospel and you will note the reoccurring theme throughout the presentation is as follows:
- There is no nirvana device.
- Agree and commit to the dependencies up front before even considering a model / operating system.
- Don’t treat the decision of what client to deploy lightly.
- Don’t trust everything you have heard.
- Watch out for the typical pitfalls that have burned us or our customers before.
Thank you very much to BriForum, Shawn and TechTarget for an awesome day. I will definitely be attending and recommending BriForum in future to both customers and consultants.