Andrew Morgan is a passionate end user computing evangelist, independent consultant and software developer. Andrew is particularly passionate about desktop virtualization, enterprise mobility, application delivery, performance monitoring and has a deep working knowledge of virtualisation and networking.
Andrew has over 14 years of IT experience holding various positions from Administrator, Senior Consultant, IT Architect, Solution Architect & CTO. In 2013 Andrew founded a software company, ThinScale Technology, focusing on resolving challenges in the Desktop Virtualisation marketplace.
Presently Andrew works as a senior End User Computing Architect for Ireland largest Citrix Partner, Zinopy. With Zinopy Andrew work with Irelands largest Citrix customers to build enterprise, best in class and most importantly, fit for purpose desktop virtualization and mobility solutions spanning Citrix, Microsoft and VMware platforms.
Andrew also works part time as an Evangelist with ControlUp. With deep knowledge of the monitoring market for Virtual Desktop (VDI/SBC) environments Andrew strategically uses his knowledge, contacts and vision to further improve the ControlUp product as well as evangelizing the core value in the ControlUp product.
In Andrew’s spare time he has written numerous virtualisation tools, working with all types of teams such as the Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp teams as well as the VMware EUC division to plug obvious holes in products he has encountered during implementations.
Such tools include:
- Director Notification Service
- Caffeine for Receiver
- And numerous others at andrewmorgan.ie/downloads
In Addition, Andrew co-hosts a podcast with fellow industry expert Jarian Gibson called Frontline Chatter. With Frontline Chatter, Jarian and Andrew regularly interview everyone from C-Level execs of major virtualisation companies to Community members and experts on all things End User Computing.
Andrew regularly speaks at BriForum, Citrix Synergy, E2EVC, and various Citrix User Groups. In addition, For Andrew commitments to the community, he has received the following community excellence titles:
- Citrix Technology Professional (CTP).
- RES Software Valued Professional (RSVP).
- VMware vExpert / VMware EUC Champion (Charter Member).
- Nutanix NTC (Charter Member).
- Atlantis ACE.
- Smart-X Advisory board.
Prior Speaking Engagements:
- Finland Citrix User Group – Application Layering 101, an industry overview.
- e2evc Dublin 2016 – ControlUp Insights community Session.
- e2evc Dublin 2016 – Application Layering 101, an industry overview.
- Citrix Synergy 2016 – Getting started with Netscaler Unified Gateway.
- BriForum London – Application Layering 101, an industry overview.
- UK Citrix User Group 2016 – Application Layering 101, an industry overview.
- Dutch Citrix User Group 2016 – Application Layering 101, an industry overview.
- Irish Citrix User Group 2016 – Citrix AppDisk overview.
- E2EVC Berlin 2015 – Software reverse engineering introduction.
- E2EVC Berlin 2015 – Guest presenter for SMS Passcode. “Andrew’s Experience with SMS Passcode”.
- Citrix Synergy 2015 – XenMobile On prem, Cloud or CSP, what best suits your needs.
- Citrix Synergy 2015 – XenDesktop 7.x experts panel.
- E2EVC Barcelona – IOPS are hard, ThinIO is not.
- Citrix Synergy 2014 – Geek Speak Live, Persistent vs Non Persistent Desktops.
- Briforum 2014 – Thin Clients—Don’t Believe the Myths. How to Make the Right Decision.
- Dutch Citrix User Group 2013 – Citrix Reverse Seamless Application Deep Dive.
- E2EVC Rome 2013 – Citrix Reverse Seamless Application Deep Dive.
- UK Citrix User Group 2012 – On IOPS, shared storage and a fresh idea.
- E2EVC Vienna (2012) – Leveraging old PC’s with ThinKiosk to lower the desktop cost. Link
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Red Hat certified Technician (RHCT).
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
- CCA for Citrix Access Gateway 4.
- CCA for Citrix Password Manager 4.
- CCA for Citrix XenApp 6.
- CCA for Citrix XenApp 6.5.
- CCA for Citrix XenApp 5 for Windows Server 2003.
- CCA for XenApp (Presentation Server 4).
- CCA for XenDesktop 5.
- CCA for XenServer 5.6.
- CCA for Citrix Netscaler.
- Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator (CCAA).
- Citrix Certified Enterprise Engineer for Virtualisation (CCEE).
- Citrix Certified Integration Architect for Virtualization (CCIA).
- Citrix Certified Expert – Virtualisation (CCE-V)
- Citrix Certified Professional – Mobility (CCP-M)
- Citrix Virtualization Specialist Practicum.
- Citrix Mobility Specialist Practicum.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) VMware vSphere 4.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) VMware vSphere 5.
- VMware Certified Professional – Data Center Virtualisation (VCP5-DCV)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional Server Administrator
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional Enterprise Support Technician
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Microsoft Windows Vista: Configuration
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Windows Server 2008 Active Directory: Configuration
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure: Configuration
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Microsoft Windows 2000.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Expert MIcrosoft Windows Server 2012.